What you'll do:
As an Info Security Engineer in our Corporate Systems Support (CSS) business area, you’ll partner with many different areas within the Service Center Business Units (SCBU) to align and address secure software solutions!
This is a superb opportunity for someone looking to weave software development and info security!
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you’ll do:
- Provide technical advice and weigh in on technical decisions related to secure software that affect other teams or the company.
- Provide technical source of security expertise, to include infrastructure services, to a variety of audiences while understanding risk and impact.
- Integrate with software development teams to build security into pipelines and software build practices. Actively participate in coding/programming with scrum teams through Java or Python.
- Ability to own and craft all components of a complete solution.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with a preference in a computer science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience, plus 4+ years of related technology experience
- Info security background
- Software development experience (this role will use Java and Python)
- Must have the desire and ability to learn new technology and continuously grow
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Secure software experience (ex: HP Fortify, Whitesource)
How we hire:
Once you apply, your application is reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Need assistance? Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Human Resources at (515) 247.MYHR (6947) or at 1.866.524.MYHR (6947).
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to follow a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
Who we are:
We help people build the kinds of lives they dream about—empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
So that’s what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what’s right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
Learn more about our values in the workplace.