Saturna Capital, headquartered in Bellingham, WA and founded in 1989, is an investment adviser to thirteen mutual funds and a variety of private client and other pooled investment funds. Subsidiaries include a FINRA registered broker dealer, Malaysia-based investment adviser and a state-chartered trust company. Saturna has experienced rapid growth over the past several years, is employee-owned, and has a well-established reputation for helping individuals and institutions build wealth, earn income and preserve capital. Saturna employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including a substantial 401k employer match, employer paid medical premiums for employees, and employer paid gym memberships.
Provides the business knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate products and provide a superior level of technical support that benefit the company.
Responsible for responding to help desk tickets, diagnosing and trouble-shooting computer issues, and assisting remote users with access to internal systems.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools, e.g., macOS, Apple Hardware, Mobile Device Management, Antivirus, Workstation back up, etc.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom tools and services to increase automation on many tasks while utilizing Git as a VCS, with CI/CD as needed
- Agile Workstation deployment, management and maintenance using tools such as Munki, DEP, MDM, and JAMF Connect
- Deployment and security vetting of S3, CloudFront, CloudWatch and other AWS services
- Ability to design and optimize macOS hardware for “server” type duties, including fault tolerance and redundancy
- Assisting with research, testing, and implementation of new technologies and projects
- End user training and orientation including occasional company-wide presentations
- Administration, monitoring and testing of current CrashPlan backup system
- Auditing software and hardware to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware as necessary
- Documenting system configuration and troubleshooting any reported problems
- Maintaining inventory of hardware and software
- Act as primary organizational interface and manage vendor relationships for our three main offices and in support of our international office
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality
- Analyze products and provide recommendations regarding use of proposed new products and services to the organization
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for technology usage throughout the organization
- Participate in planning and maintaining a business continuity plan and disaster recovery
- Managing and improving data security policies
- Monitor technology budget and maintain technology inventory and licensing
- Work with executive leadership to establish and manage budget and procurement needs