Saturna Capital, headquartered in Bellingham, WA and founded in 1989, is an investment adviser to thirteen mutual funds and a variety of private client and other pooled investment funds. Subsidiaries include a FINRA registered broker dealer, Malaysia-based investment adviser and a state-chartered trust company. Saturna has experienced rapid growth over the past several years, is employee-owned, and has a well-established reputation for helping individuals and institutions build wealth, earn income and preserve capital. Saturna employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including a substantial 401k employer match, employer paid medical premiums for employees, and employer paid gym memberships.
Produce, implement and provide ongoing maintenance and management of functional software solutions. Work with management to define software requirements to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals. Back-end focus.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Design and create services and system architecture for defined projects
- Assist in code quality improve through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of Back-End Software Engineers, Project Managers and System Administrators
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the business, product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Assist with research, testing, and implementation of new technologies and projects
- Participate in tactical operation planning and the development of contingency operation plans for development, test, and production environments
- Operational support – building repeatable processes and situational documentation
- Troubleshoot difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Experience (Applications and Services)
- Design, develop and deploy secure applications
- Linux/Unix and scripting languages, e.g. Python, Perl, Shell scripting, etc.
- Node.js and frameworks built on Node e.g. NestJS and Express
- Building RESTful APIs
- Containerization – Docker
- In-depth knowledge in database systems such as MySQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- System monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, Nagios, Graylog, etc.) and automated testing frameworks
- Ability to Integrate with AWS
- Familiarity with various operating systems, (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- A strong familiarity of Web Server technologies including Apache and NGINX