Our team at Emergency Reporting works hard to empower first responders with powerful station management tools. We provide users with awesome features, in-depth support, and easy-to-use web and mobile apps. We serve customers around the world, ranging from small rural fire districts, multi-station agencies, counties, metros and the Department of Defense. What we make here every day really matters, we make it easier for firefighters to save lives and property. Interested in learning more? Check out our story.
Emergency Reporting was locally founded in 2003 as the first cloud-based reporting and records management system for fire and EMS service. Today more than 80,000 first responders across the country trust Emergency Reporting to make incident reports quick and easy, and to help manage their station operations every day.
OUR CORE VALUES
Emergency Reporting is committed to providing an outstanding product and world-class service and support. Our business measures each decision against our core values to ensure the best possible outcome for all our customers and employees:
* Industry Integrity
* Consistent Innovation
* Team Appreciation
* Ongoing Relevance
* Fire Service Advocacy
* Responsible Stewards
Our business Agile principles and value on career growth make us the best choice in your next career move. Emergency Reporting has a casual dress work environment and is located in the Barkley Village close to walking trials, food and entertainment. Our family-friendly environment provides great pay and benefits (insurance, retirement and generous paid time off).
Emergency Reporting is a leading records management solution for Fire and Emergency Services. As a SaaS company, our software and IT departments work collaboratively to provide a highly available, reliable, and secure platform for every one of our customers; from volunteer fire departments in small towns, to large metropolitan fire agencies. Our cloud-based software is born from the fire departments we serve and the firefighters that keep us grounded.
As a member of the IT team at Emergency Reporting, you will be asked to contribute to the daily operations of the IT team, and to participate in planning for the team. Our solution utilizes industry leading technologies, such as Azure IaaS, to provide our cloud infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to be directly involved in the implementation of new technologies within IT, and to collaborate with the software development team to enable completely new capabilities that our customers need.
This is a core role within ER, with plenty of room to grow and expand your skills and expertise. In this role, you will have the support of your peers and your leadership team to develop new skills, and you will have the ability to make an big difference for our customers and the communities they serve.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Strive to exhibit ER’s Valued Employee Attributes to support our company values and culture.
- Adhere to applicable policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERYONE IN THIS DEPARTMENT:
- Work towards objectives of Security Availability and Performance.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Clearly communicate problems with your team or to your manager.
- Uphold and adhere to team policies, procedures, and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement new IT infrastructure to support evolving business requirements.
- Enhance and improve ER’s processes and automation in support of business objectives.
- Document and implement security practices at the direction of the Senior Security Analysts (SSA) and the senior IT leadership.
- Participate, as needed, in the conversations with key customers.
- Actively participate in auditing and security processes.
As needed, you will:
- Support the daily operations of ER’s production and preproduction datacenters, including monitoring systems, checking status of backups, and participating in incident responses.
- Configure and maintain routers, firewalls, load balancers, switches, VPN systems, encryption certificates, and other related networking technology or appliances.
- Configure and maintain Windows and Unix web servers, file servers, domain controllers, databases, and any other server in the ER environment. Includes physical computers, virtual servers running on ER hardware, and cloud servers (e.g. Azure, AWS, etc.).
- Perform system upgrades by gradually moving to the next generation(s) of the Windows operating system and database server products.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attends all hands meetings, company trainings, manager meetings, or other company events.
- Assists in office IT issues as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the IT Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, LICENSES & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in computer science, information systems or other IT related field.
- CompTIA A+, Network+ certification preferred.
- 4+ years in an IT role within a Windows Server/SQL Server environment.
- 1+ year experience in datacenter operations in a primary and standby environment.
- Experience in datacenter operations for a SaaS company.
- Log configuration and analysis experience.
- Experience working with web applications in ASP, PHP, or similar technologies.
- Experience with JSON.
- Experience with F5 equipment preferred.
- Experience with cloud resources, Azure preferred.
- SQL Server experience in a SaaS production environment or other equivalent experience preferred.
- Other combinations of education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Goals- and results-oriented, with a passion for excellence.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized and detail- and accuracy-oriented, including ability to effectively document and resolve issues.
- Able to learn and adapt to changing technologies and procedures.
- Able to document procedures and processes.
- Able to be a competent, effective, and collaborative team player.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem-solve and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Incumbent is subject to a background check and appropriate security clearances.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Travel: Some travel may be required.
- Mobility: Work is performed in an office setting and requires working on the computer for long periods of time. Must be able to move throughout the office to interact with employees.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone, using collaboration tools, and in-person with background noise.
- Vision: Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.