|Saturna Capital, Bellingham, WA, United States|
Saturna Capital, headquartered in Bellingham, WA and founded in 1989, is an investment adviser to thirteen mutual funds and a variety of private client and other pooled investment funds. Subsidiaries include a FINRA registered broker dealer, Malaysia-based investment adviser and a state-chartered trust company. Saturna has experienced rapid growth over the past several years, is employee-owned, and has a well-established reputation for helping individuals and institutions build wealth, earn income and preserve capital. Saturna employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including a substantial 401k employer match, employer paid medical premiums for employees, and employer paid gym memberships.
Saturna Capital is looking for a Web developer to join our Technology team. As a developer, you must be capable of working independently and collaboratively with other team members to deliver and maintain innovative solutions for Internet/intranet applications; understanding the business needs and architecting an appropriate solution. The successful candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in the field and a verifiable portfolio of published rich web applications and/or reviewable code (e.g. GitHub, Drupal, React, etc.)
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Create multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Support and develop web applications by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- 2+ years of experience in the field and a verifiable portfolio of published rich web applications and/or reviewable code (e.g. GitHub, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience with open source projects and methodologies.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot back and front-end application layers.
- Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills, Software Requirements, Software Architecture, Software Development Fundamentals, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Multimedia Content Development, Software Debugging, Technical Leadership, Written Communication.
- Ability to work and collaborate well partnering with areas of the business, e.g. Network/System Administration, SW Development, Marketing, and Business Ops who are best acquainted with the desired customer experience.
- Ability to pass FINRA SIE and 99 licensing examinations.
- Drupal specific capabilities including:
- Drupal 7 & 8 module development
- Automated Testing, writing tests both unit and functional
- Drupal 8 theme development
- Basic capabilities needed
- Git workflow experience
- Object Oriented programming
- PHP 7
- CSS / HTML