Our team at Emergency Reporting works hard to empower first responders with powerful station management tools. We provide users with awesome features, in-depth support, and easy-to-use web and mobile apps. We serve customers around the world, ranging from small rural fire districts, multi-station agencies, counties, metros and the Department of Defense. What we make here every day really matters, we make it easier for firefighters to save lives and property. Interested in learning more? Check out our story.
Emergency Reporting was locally founded in 2003 as the first cloud-based reporting and records management system for fire and EMS service. Today more than 80,000 first responders across the country trust Emergency Reporting to make incident reports quick and easy, and to help manage their station operations every day.
OUR CORE VALUES
Emergency Reporting is committed to providing an outstanding product and world-class service and support. Our business measures each decision against our core values to ensure the best possible outcome for all our customers and employees:
* Industry Integrity
* Consistent Innovation
* Team Appreciation
* Ongoing Relevance
* Fire Service Advocacy
* Responsible Stewards
Our business Agile principles and value on career growth make us the best choice in your next career move. Emergency Reporting has a casual dress work environment and is located in the Barkley Village close to walking trials, food and entertainment. Our family-friendly environment provides great pay and benefits (insurance, retirement and generous paid time off).
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Content Marketing Specialist (CMS) to join our team. In this position, the CMS will work closely with other members of the Business Development team to understand our audience, create content that promotes trust, thought leadership and educational insight, and will help distribute that content through multiple sources. They will be charged with tasks related to email marketing, social media, website and blog content, press releases, webinars, and digital or print advertising. This person will be focused on the goal of increasing leads through organic traffic, and supporting targeted marketing campaigns focusing on segmented branches of our audience to fuel the sales pipeline. The person in this role will also need to have an appreciation for technology, as they will be working in Wordpress, Salesforce, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office Suite, and the Facebook and LinkedIn ad platforms.
If you love working in fast-paced environments that are constantly challenging you, learning new topics, technologies and products, and telling compelling and meaningful stories, this may be the right role for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES
- Strive to support and exhibit ER’s company values and culture.
- Adhere to applicable polices and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERYONE IN THIS DEPARTMENT
- Develop an understanding of our audience of first responders, what problems they have, and how Emergency Reporting can help.
- Contribute to the overall Marketing team with new ideas and insights into what is working and what is not.
- Complete Hubspot Inbound Marketing Certification and Hubspot Marketing Software Certification.
- Keeps up on ongoing updates and use of marketing tools and software.
- Can write and edit effectively. Proofreads all work before submitting.
- Acts as a team player, sharing skills and knowledge, and helping other members of the ER team through marketing.
- Understands Marketing and company goals to focus and align priorities with those goals.
- Consistently meets deadlines and updates project management tools to reflect progress on campaigns.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop SEO optimized content for blogs, email marketing, website pages, brochures, press releases, social media, and advertisements.
- Research topics related to the Emergency Reporting platform, partners, and topics in the Fire/EMS service to contribute ideas for the content calendar.
- Act as a liaison between partner companies, agencies we work with, and paid media vendors.
- Support product and customer marketing as needed.
- Analyze and optimize existing content to increase conversions, traffic, and engagement.
- Monitor, record, and analyze campaign results.
- Build and optimize landing pages and email templates in marketing automation software.
- Effectively promote content to drive traffic.
- Develop relationships with thought leaders in the fire service to support ongoing public relations efforts and increase domain authority.
- Create, implement, and measure LinkedIN and Facebook Ads.
- Oversee consistent file storage, organization, and naming convention for all Marketing assets.
- Coordinates, schedules, and promotes educational webinars through GoToWebinar.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attends All-hands meetings, company trainings, or other company events.
- Stores files and documentation in an organized and consistent manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Marketing Manager or Senior Director.
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, LICENSES & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a Marketing role, ideally in a B2B or SaaS environment.
- Experience implementing campaigns and measuring their progress.
- Prior experience creating and implementing social media ads.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Truly excellent command of written English (writing and editing). Consistently clean copy with minimal edits needed.
- Basic background and understanding of SEO best practices with a willingness to grow.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, and LinkedIn Advertising.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS helpful.
- A passion for ongoing learning and digital marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to use content to drive site traffic and increase conversions.
- Experience with marketing automation software, including the design of email and landing page templates.
- Incumbent is subject to a background check and appropriate security clearances.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel: Some travel may be required.
- Mobility: Work is performed in an office setting and requires working on the computer for long periods of time. Must be able to move throughout the office to interact with employees.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone, using collaboration tools, and in-person with background noise.
- Vision: Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.