CHECK US OUT
To find out more about the Software Engineer I position with Emergency Reporting and apply, please visit our career's page at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/2834/Reporting-Systems-Inc
Emergency Reporting software engineers develop web technologies to support the global efforts of the Fire and EMS industry. Our core values are industry integrity, team appreciation, fire service advocacy, responsible stewardship, ongoing relevance, and consistent innovation. We are passionate about our support of the Agile principles of software development and have embraced a scrum development methodology with strong emphasis on continuous improvement. As a Software Engineer I you will be working on a small scrum team with a large potential for learning and growth.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects tasks, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Engage in daily stand-up meetings to provide regular status updates to the scrum team or as situations change.
Perform and receive code reviews according to standards with other members of the team.
Perform performance tuning, with an understanding of programming algorithms.
Support continuous process improvement with the goal of making the Emergency Reporting technology team as efficient and effective as possible.
Education, License, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Other combinations of education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for excellence.
- Organized and detail oriented, including ability to effectively document and resolve issues.
- Self-directed and able to work independently and effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing technologies and procedures.
- Ability to be a collaborative team player.
- Ability to build positive, effective work relationships with customers, co-workers, vendors, and others.
Incumbent is subject to a background check and appropriate security clearances.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of work is performed in an office setting. May require sitting or standing for long periods of time. Position requires hand manipulative skills working with electronic equipment and systems. May occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Vision acuity to perform development functions.