What We Have A Passion For
Our team at Emergency Reporting works hard to empower first responders with powerful station management tools. We provide users with awesome features, in-depth support, and easy-to-use web and mobile apps. We serve customers around the world, ranging from small rural fire districts, multi-station agencies, counties, metros and the Department of Defense. What we make here everyday really matters, we make it easier for firefighters to save lives and property. Interested in learning more? Check out our story.
FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION, VISIT
Emergency Reporting is a leading records management solution for Fire and Emergency Services. As a SaaS company, our software and IT departments work collaboratively to provide a highly available, reliable, and secure platform for every one of our customers; from volunteer fire departments in small towns, to large metropolitan fire agencies. Our cloud-based software is born from the fire departments we serve and help to keep us grounded.
As a senior member of the IT team at Emergency Reporting, you will be asked to contribute to the daily operations of the IT team, and to participate in long-range planning for the team and the company. Our solution utilizes industry leading technologies, such as Azure IaaS, to provide our cloud infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to be directly involved in the implementation of new technologies within IT, and to collaborate with the software development team to enable completely new capabilities that our customers need.
This is a key role within ER, and the right candidate will have the experience, skills, and judgement to become a vital resource for colleagues across the company. In this role, you will have the support of your peers and your leadership team to expand your knowledge and skills, and you will have the ability to make a big difference for our customers and the communities they serve.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design and implement new IT infrastructure to support evolving business requirements.
- Enhance and improve ER’s processes and automation in support of business objectives.
- Develop and document security practices in collaboration with the Senior Security Analysts (SSA).
- Create threat models in areas of ownership and take the model’s through review with the SSA’s.
- Actively participate in the conversations and project reviews with key customers in the Department of Defense.
- Actively participate in auditing and security processes.
As needed, you will:
- Support the daily operations of ER’s production and pre-production data centers, including monitoring systems, checking status of backups, and participating in incident responses.
- Configure and maintain routers, firewalls, load balancers, switches, VPN systems, encryption certificates, and other related networking technology or appliances.
- Configure and maintain Windows and Unix web servers, file servers, domain controllers, databases, and any other server in the ER environment. Includes physical computers, virtual servers running on ER hardware, and cloud servers (e.g. Azure, AWS, etc).
- Perform system upgrades by gradually moving to the next generation(s) of the Windows operating system and database server products.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, LICENSES & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in computer science, information systems or other IT related field.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification required.
- Experience with security audits, such as DoD or PCI.
- 7+ years experience in data center operations in a primary and standby environment.
- Experience in data center operations for a SaaS company.
- Log configuration and analysis experience.
- Experience with F5 equipment preferred.
- Experience with cloud resources, Azure preferred.
- SQL Server experience in a SaaS production environment or other equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience working with web applications in ASP, PHP, or similar technologies.
- Experience with JSON.
- Other combinations of education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
- Incumbent is subject to a background check and appropriate security clearances.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Emergency Reporting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.