SPIE seeks a network administrator in support of its mission to advance light-based technology and education around the globe. As a non-profit society, SPIE serves nearly 264,000 constituents from approximately 166 countries.
This full-time position working with IT Operations team is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, implementing and upgrading network switches, routers, firewalls and load balancers. Primary duties include oversight of network security, Windows systems administration, as well as disaster recovery planning and execution. This position also serves a backup role to the web systems administrator.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about using PowerShell to automate repetitive tasks, whether it be building new systems or monitoring existing ones. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining accurate documentation such as network diagrams, build books and recovery procedures. Preference will be given to those with substantial Cisco, F5, and SonicWALL experience.
· Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 4+ Years’ Experience managing Cisco based switches & routers. (CCNA or CCNP certification required.)
- 4+ Years’ Experience with Microsoft desktop and server products in a Windows based infrastructure (MCSE, MCSA or equivalent).
· Excellent communication skills. Must be able to document all processes and procedures, and to communicate effectively status reports to technical and non-technical peers.
· Provide on call, 24/7 network support.
· Significant experience in planning and executing disaster recovery plans.
· Experience in administering IP based phone systems such as Cisco, ShoreTel or Mitel.
- Proficiency in Network and Server security, prevention, detection and remediation techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013 and Office 365 administration.
- Experience administering storage area networks.
- Proficiency in Enterprise Active Directory/Group Policy/Domain topology/Active Directory Federation Services
Compensation includes: Competitive wage, annual discretionary bonus, defined contribution retirement plan with additional company match and paid-time-off plan beginning at 31 days per year.
Benefits package includes: Medical, dental & vision with 100% paid premiums for employee, 75% paid for dependents. Health savings & flexible spending accounts funded by SPIE. 100% paid employee life & disability insurance, dependent life insurance available through payroll deduction. Many learning & development opportunities including tuition reimbursement & leadership development.
Our workplace offers onsite volleyball and soccer, yoga classes, lunch food trucks, costume contests, picnics, parties & more. Employees may receive discounts on gym memberships, cell phone service, office supplies, zoo tickets, fitness registration fees (5Ks, races, etc.) and many businesses in historical Fairhaven.
Please send a resume and cover letter, indicating how your experience and qualifications match the requirements and why you will be successful in this position to:
Apply online: www.spie.jobs
Mail: SPIE Human Resources, P.O. Box 10, Bellingham, WA 98227
All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. Friday, June 30, 2017.
SPIE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SPIE provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.