Are you interested in this position? Please visit our website for the full job description and application materials: https://explore.emergencyreporting.com/careers/.
The Production Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the production database environment and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company. It is extremely important to the company that production database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The DBA is challenged to work with server architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art database server environment that meets current and future business objectives. Responsible for the ongoing assessment of server performance and the identification of problem areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ensures database servers meet the Recovery Time Objective and Recovery Point Objectives
• Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Troubleshoots Production SQL Server server outages and issues as the occur including after-hours and weekends
• Installs and configures new SQL Servers
• Identifies and evaluates industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
• Supports continuous process improvement with the goal of making Emergency Reporting products and services as efficient and effective as possible.
• Maintains database server operation, storage, backup and recovery processes and improves on them as required or proven technologies become available.
• Detects and troubleshoots resource contention.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
• Participates in assessment of new technologies as needed for internal operations.
• Attends all hands meetings, company trainings, department meetings, or other company events.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the IT Manager.
• MCM, MCSE, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MVP
Education, License, and Experience
• Associates degree in computer science, information systems or other IT related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Four or more years demonstrated experience in IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Seven or more years Microsoft SQL Server experience.
• Other combinations of education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience with SQL Server internals and how to troubleshoot
• Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
• Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Technical documentation skills.
• Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Goals and results-oriented, with a passion for excellence.
• Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Organized, detail and accuracy-oriented, including ability to effectively document and resolve issues.
• Able to learn and adapt to changing technologies and procedures.
• Able to be a competent, effective, and collaborative team player.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve and work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
• SQL 2008 R2, 2012 and beyond.
• Database Administration.
• Database Tuning.
• Database Management.
• Database Security.
Incumbent is subject to a background check and appropriate security clearances