Interested candidates are invited to go to https://www.emergencyreporting.com/jobs/
to get application materials.
Emergency Reporting was locally founded in 2003 as the first cloud-based reporting and records management system for fire and EMS service. Today more than 80,000 first responders across the country trust Emergency Reporting to make incident reports quick and easy, and to help manage their station operations every day.
OUR CORE VALUES
Emergency Reporting is committed to providing an outstanding product and world-class service and support. Our business measures each decision against our core values to ensure the best possible outcome for all our customers and employees:
* Industry Integrity
* Consistent Innovation
* Team Appreciation
* Ongoing Relevance
* Fire Service Advocacy
* Responsible Stewards
Our business Agile principles and value on career growth make us the best choice in your next career move. Emergency Reporting has a casual dress work environment and is located in the Barkley Village close to walking trials, food and entertainment. Our family-friendly environment provides great pay and benefits (insurance, retirement and generous paid time off). Come check us out online!
JOB SUMMARY: Dev Ops is responsible for optimizing the productivity of the Emergency Reporting teams by providing tools, environments and systems support to ensure that code changes are fully ready to promote to production and meet all applicable change management standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
· Strive to exhibit ER’s Valued Employee Attributes to support our company values and culture.
· Adhere to applicable policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERYONE IN THIS DEPARTMENT:
· Continually maintain and improve the uptime of non-Prod environments
· Reproducibility of customer pain experienced in a Production environment
· Follow the Scrum, Agile and Development Processes
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Research, develop, optimize and manage tools and processes to support the Emergency Reporting Development infrastructure – such as maintaining standardized environments for servers and developers.
· Maintain connection, setup and onboarding documentation.
· Request code reviews and testing of created solutions, and provide code reviews and testing of other team member’s solutions. This may also involve code review and testing for the Development team.
· Investigate and implement new technologies to further improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Development process and code deployment.
· Assist with reproduction of production issues in a non-production environment.
· Implement Automated Packaging and Distribution of Development Artifacts.
· Fulfill requests for proof of concept, database scripts, and other requests as prioritized.
· Track requested work in the team’s accepted work-tracking software.
· Adheres to the current, or higher, security and development standards and practices.
· Works closely with all management, Development and IT; collaborating with end-users to develop, drive and implement ER's vision, ensuring its alignment supports company objectives and strategy.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
· May be assigned the backup role for the Change Manager or Release Manager as needed.
· Participates in assessment of new technologies for internal operations.
· Attends all-hands meetings, company trainings, stand-ups, and other company events.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Development Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, LICENSES & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
· Strong knowledge and experience in relational database concepts, design, constraints, stored procedures, functions, and optimization.
· Knowledge of ITIL Service Transition framework and Change Manager Role.
· Expertise with IT Infrastructure, Web Technologies, and SQL Server Databases.
· Experience with PowerShell and TSQL Scripting for environment creation and code deployment.
· Experience with designing, deploying in Azure and Amazon Webservices environments, Docker and Virtual machines.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Position requires experience with programming, deployment practices, database administration, database development, and source control.
· Microsoft Stack Experience, VSTS, Azure, Powershell and TSQL skills
· Goals- and results-oriented, with a passion for excellence.
· Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Organized and detail- and accuracy-oriented, including ability to effectively document and resolve issues.
· Able to learn and adapt to changing technologies and procedures.
· Able to be a competent, effective, and collaborative team player.
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve and work independently.
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills with exceptional attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
· Incumbent is subject to a background check and appropriate security clearances.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Travel: Some travel may be required.
· Mobility: Work is performed in an office setting and requires sitting for long periods of time. Must be able to move throughout the office to interact with employees.
· Hearing: Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone, using collaboration tools, and in-person with background noise.
· Vision: Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.